[OSList] WOSonOS 2012 website live

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 11:01:30 PDT 2012

Wow...Wow...Wow...Wow!   How could one not LOVE this website! And not feel
the heartfelt spirit of invitation from Phelim, baby Riddley Matilda and
the amazing host team who is planning, preparing and imagining us all being
in London for the: WOSonOS(WORLD Open Space on Open Space 2012 UK
from October 11th to the 15th
I vividly remember Matilda extending an invitation at the Berlin WOSonOS in
2010.  We were touched, moved and inspired as we watched art, mime and
theater unfold before our eyes as she creatively shared the heartfelt
welcome on behalf of many. I knew then as I know now that something special
was afoot. In Chile in October 2011, we saw a similar ceremony as the
talking stick made its way from the first South America WOSonOS through New
York across the sea to the place that will also host the 2012 Olympics and
WOSonOS.  Like wow, how very cool!

*I had not registered yet nor bought my plane tickets*...I was sitting on
the fence wishing so to go! Uncomfortable spot I must admit.  Like many of
us, I hesitated thinking of the cost (actually quite reasonable) and other
things like time and schedule.  Well by week's end, if not sooner, I will
let my intuition transport me and make this happen. It's what I've done
time and time again since I met Open Space, going to where I was drawn to
go...Taiwan, Seattle, Arizona, Berlin, Canada, Florida, New York,
Washington, Chile, and so many other palces -- sometimes working and
facilitating, sometimes just participating. I have never looked back and
never regretted my decision. The memories of everyone I met are still part
of me every day. There is no way to describe what it feels like to meet
someone in person that you met on this OS list. Friends for life in the
most special way.  We walk into a room united by the "whoever comes is the
right people" and the  "whatever happens is the only thing that could
have"!

*I hope others will be impulsive and feel guided to register and make their
travel plans as I will be doing.*
I owe such a debt of gratitude to Open Space and this wonderful generous
community of ours.  Open Space jolted me in ways that made me discover the
courage of my own leadership and a desire to impact the world of work with
others so it becomes a place where people feel included, connected and are
contributing together.  The workplace is my first passion and through that
passion I have also become connected to friends, family, new colleagues, OS
mates, work and community, in ways I could never have imagined.

Yes like many of you I revere Harrison Owen ... thankful that he too
followed his intuitive path which led to this wonderful collective work and
way of being that we call Open Space. A place of shared leadership,
self-organizing, high performance and life that invites everyone to
discover who they are and how much of a difference we can all make when we
learn to trust ourselves and get out of our own way, rolling up our sleeves
to do amazing things together, inviting others to do the same.  Now more
than ever, it seems that this world is inviting us to pay it forward, doing
more of what we do simply by inviting...opening, holding and closing
space...so that others afterwards can keep opening and re-opening spaces
everywhere.

I cannot think of a better place to be than London England in October
2012.  A place of history as we create the future together, bringing hearts
and minds, new learning and lots of purposeful sharing.  So I urge you all
to gather your dollars and pennies, be creative and imaginative to get
there so we can make this event an event that carries the spirit of all the
WOSonOS events that came before...so that we can stand on the shoulders of
the giants who preceded us, connect with others who recently discovered
Open Space and make theatrical magic happen in real life.

Let is also be officially know that my first job is to see if Phelim and
Matilda will let me change Riddley's diaper or perhaps in London they call
this his nappie!  You see I'm a bit rusty, we married our daughter a few
weeks ago, and I need the practice thinking that in the future, I'll be
doing this as a new grandma.

Spread the word, send a wish, extend an invitation to others, register, buy
a ticket and let everyone know you are coming!

Suzanne

So with the memory of Taiwan, Sleeping Lady in Washington USA, Orillia
Ontario Canada, Berlin, Chile, and so many other places wh
,
In Chile at the 2011 WOSonOS last October, the spirit of this invitation
carried forward when Juan Luis Walker and Lisa Heft created a veritable
theatrical event to set the stage for this grand upcoming event in London
in a ceremony to transfer the talking stick from Chile where we were
beautifully hosted to London via New York when

 It's enough that Open Space ALWAYS tugs at my heart.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Phelim McDermott <phelim at mac.com> wrote:

> Dear Open space friends and fans
>
> I am excited to inform you that our WOSonOS 2012 website is now live,
> ready to welcome you here to London in October for the 20th World Open
> Space on Open Space.  At the site there are a number of things to check
> out. It contains all of the event details including: Schedule, Venue, and
> support on how to get there and where to stay. This is the home page:
>
> http://wosonos2012.com/
>
> You can of course book your tickets from the booking page and those of you
> who have already booked and who know they are coming (thank you for your
> helpful support!) there's a "Who's coming?" page:
>
> http://wosonos2012.com/who-is-coming.php
>
> This is where you can upload your picture and details and let us and
> others know you are coming.
>
> Also do help us spread the word by sharing the website link and
> contributing to our chain of invitations: we are inviting you all to do
> your own inviting! Your invitation can be in any language or form. Check
> out the invitations already up and submit your own here:
>
> http://invites.wosonos2012.com/
>
> For those people new to OS there's also a page for the wonderful Lisa
> Heft's Open Space learning workshop which happens in the days running up to
> the main OS event.
>
> http://wosonos2012.com/pre-learning-workshops.php
>
> Of course the website is a work in progress - we are still developing it
> so do use the "contact us" link to let us know of any glitches or
> malfunctions as we continue to work on it and visit it again in a couple of
> weeks to see how it has grown.
>
> A warm welcome everyone.
>
> On behalf of Improbable and the Wosonos2012 team.
>

> Phelim X

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle