[OSList] OST at R(E)volution of Portugal - A New World is Possible

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Mon Mar 19 07:42:51 PDT 2012

Congratulations Véronique,

It is often the case that opening a little space leads to a thirst for more and bigger space. People see how simple it can be to have their voice heard.

Diane

>________________________________

and Friday took place in Lisbon a very interesting 2 days Conference under the
subject “(R)Evolution of Portugal – A New World is Possible”.

>This was mainly
a conventional event with 7 panels that took place from 9 am in the first day
until 4.30pm in the second day. Each Panel had 3 or 4 presentations of 20
minutes each, followed by a 30 minutes period of questions and answers. From 5
pm to 7pm in the second day there was an Open Space session organized by the
Open Space Institute of Portugal. In the traditional Conference part a number
of talks took place, many real cases were presented on sustainability and
transition projects, cooperative organizations, values and economy for a “new World”,
new educational projects, the need for a new awareness, etc.

>I have
facilitated the Open Space part (having Luís Dias and Artur as co-facilitators).
The Opening, including session proposals and the market place took place in
half an hour, followed by two breakout sessions of 30 minutes each, in 10 places,
and a closing circle of 30 minutes.

>About 70 people
were present and 19 sessions were offered but, after the breakout sessions were
initiated, people self-organized and many sessions were merged with others.
There was a palpable energy during these sessions, probably as this was the
first space were people could talk freely with each other, followed by a very touching
and emotional closing circle.

>During the OST
session and at the closing circle some people mentioned the need to have a bigger
OST for people networking and cross-pollination of different projects.