[OSList] Bi-lingual open space

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 02:53:10 PST 2012

Hi Michael,

You said: "just excited myself with a study on the behavior of 3 year old kids in tests that were also conducted with various kinds of monkeys... in
essence it showed very clearly that cooperation, helping each other,
working together on complex taks was apparently "natural" to humans age
3 (unlike for the monkeys). My serious hunch, call it conviction or
certainty, is that humans not only have developed these characteristics
over I dont know how many zillions of years but humans have also created
all kinds of organisations and processes (instruments of control) to
definitely suppress or even eradicate these natural capabilities human

infants show at age 3."

I believe that the main organization humans have created to kill the kind of cooperation (and creativity) that children have at the age of 3 is the "School System".

Ivan Illich said that in his "Deschooling Society" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deschooling_Society) as well as Ken Robinson in his Ted Talk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deschooling_Society.

Regards from a Sunday without sun in Lisbon

Artur

________________________________
just excited myself with a study on the behavior of 3 year old kids in
tests that were also conducted with various kinds of monkeys... in
essence it showed very clearly that cooperation, helping each other,
working together on complex taks was apparently "natural" to humans age
3 (unlike for the monkeys). My serious hunch, call it conviction or
certainty, is that humans not only have developed these characteristics
over I dont know how many zillions of years but humans have also created
all kinds of organisations and processes (instruments of control) to
definitely suppress or even eradicate these natural capabilities human
infants show at age 3. So, my conclusion is, that its a good idea to
expand space for selforganisation, or put it differently, step back, let
individuals and groups figure out the stuff that I and many of us think
we have to organise to "facilitate" them into "getting it".
Tell you the truth, I am one of the great facilitators and unlearning
has been a real challenge. In fact, having some young (compared to me
with 72) os-workers in the os-teams that keep telling me to step back,
take a nap, go for a walk, read a book has been wonderful medicine for me.
Cheers from Berlin where I am looking forward to the London WOSonOS in
October....
mmp

-------