[OSList] Question about OST meetings/conferences including people with disabilities

Rochelle England rochelle_england at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 19 16:32:49 PDT 2012

Hi

I'm new to the OS list, living in Wollongong NSW Australia. I attended a couple of OS conferences (eg. Chicago) and training about late 1990's-2000. I am currently studying social work and working on an assignment with a case study involving community development - focusing on the needs of ageing people with developmental disabilities in a rural community.

I would like to include a planning event using OST. Does anyone have experience that would be relevant?
I am wondering about the logistics involved in inclusion of people with developmental delay in the planning. The people in the case study have been doing some cafe and gardening work and live in a group home run by a charity.

Although this isn't a real life situation, I feel that the experience of working it up could become an opportunity to offer an OST approach to the community.

Thanks in anticipation

Rochelle England