[OSList] Virtual Open Space

Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com
Sun Jan 29 16:59:03 PST 2012

I agree whole heartedly with Harrison and others that OS in person is much much better.

The next best thing is when you can hear people with the help of the internet or other systems. Seeing them is also possible but requires more technical support.

I enjoyed the telephone "virtual" OS Suzanne Daigle organized recently. Since tone is an important element of communications it really brought each one of us in the room. We had a choice of topic eventhough the number of group members was limited so we could all have air time. This was a pilot but there was a feeling and spirit that is very close to OS events in person. With more time for group discussions, I think there are real possibilities for this format ...when you can't have the best ...ie being all there in person.

This group on Linked in may be a relevant resource - just came across it.

Virtual Facilitation SUBGROUP
This subgroup of the Professional Facilitators Network is sharing knowledge and experiences about Virtual Facilitation. Diane

 running summary of the discussion. Of course this involved a lot of laptops and full wifi. I am not sure that I liked it, but the participants seemed to, and they got the job done – which was a technical design project. Would I suggest doing it again? I am not sure.