[OSList] training

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at boscop.org
Wed Jan 11 03:17:04 PST 2012

Dear Kerry,
when asked by a sponsor to train os-facilitators, I offer them the
weeklong training which has been run by various colleagues at least 20
times. It has 3 phases. First, experience an os as a participant
including a planning session and action plannin. Second, reflect on the
method in an Open Space on Open Space. Third, run an os event, including
action planning. All participants are offered life-long no cost coaching
(rarely does anyone actually approach me for that... but it does happen
and is fun) and prepare an outlook at the end of their training on how
they will continue their learning journey.
As an ongoing practice, I try to have aspiring os-facilitators be part
of a facilitation team a couple of times, encourage them to search for
an os event that is run under a theme that gets them excited, read The
Book (and in Germany, read "Meine open space Praxis") and facilitate an
os as soon as they can. This has encouraged a lot of people to work with os.
In addition, I help organize regional OSonOS in Europe (Paris/Christine
Koehler and friends in 2009, Sardinia/Gerardo de Luzenberger and friends
in 2011 and in 2013 Netherlands/Frank Little and friends) in those years
when WOSonOS is not in Europe. This year WOSonOS will be in London, good
place for all Europeans.
And then, of course, I love the Stammtische for collegial exchange. The
first one this year in Berlin on Jan 2nd had 9 colleagues (one with her
baby boy) actively discussing a myriad of aspects of OST and all the
business around facilitation... this time, as often, there were 2 new
people, I dont know how they hear of it, selforganisation I suspect.

See you in London later this year
mmp