[OSList] Open Space Proposal for POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology) founded by POSCO, one of the largest steelmaker

jackie at openspace.kr jackie at openspace.kr
Tue Jan 31 09:51:44 PST 2012

Dear OS Masters,

I'm Jackie and have been opening the space with Spark in Korea. I believe
that some of you might remember me being in Taiwan and SF OSONOS.

I've been focusing on opening Open Spacers Camp. The camp has delivered
about 100 openspacers so far. And they seem to be bringing much aspired
changes in organizations.

Last week, POSTECH's manager in charge of planning and budgeting requested
us to propose Open Space for them. Background is as follows:

-         A Korean scholar from Washington University came into office as
president of POSTECH this year.

-          He sees humanity as the central reason why their researches are
for, instead of mere lifting of their ranking among similar universities in
the world. In 2010, POSTECH was ranked 28 in the world.

-         The manager's willing to take a challenge (opening the space with
all member of POSTECH - students, professors, researchers, and employees).

-          Total members are 4,754. (Student: 1,200, Undergraduate: 2,100,
Researcher: 500, Professor: 430, employee: 450).

-          Participants: whoever comes is the right people.

Please help us provide them with a right proposal. Similar cases, photos,
videos, comments or any other will be highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jackie