[OSList] upcoming training to complement your knowledge and skills as a facilitator of OST

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Sat Jan 28 08:59:37 PST 2012

Dear colleagues,

If you have taken training in OST facilitation by any one of the marvelous
trainers in the world, and wish to add to your repertoire of service
delivery to accompany your OST facilitation, you may be interested in two of
the upcoming workshops we are hosting in an on-line environment so you can
attend from the comfort of your home or office.

1.Improving your knowledge of what is important in the planning meeting for
an Open Space Technology facilitation. I advocate for a well done planning
meeting to improve the 'ongoing harvest' from an OST meeting. We are now
offering a one day on line workshop about the planning meeting and what we
have discovered in our 20 years of working with OST, is important in the
planning conversations. Date: Feb 2. Using Blackboard Collaborate
(Elluminate) as the on line learning environment so you need a computer with
a headset and microphone. 9am-4pm EST with a one hour break. Facilitated
using Whole Person Process Facilitation so you also have the opportunity to
experience this facilitation method used for the purpose of enhancing
learning.

http://www.dalarinternational.com/planning

2.Do you work with situations of conflict, and cross cultural conflict? We
recommend to those who participate in our workshops that the BEST means of
facilitating cross cultural conflict resolution is a well done OST meeting
around a common issue of concern that people can get passionate about (but
not to have the conflict itself as the topic). Another BEST means of cross
cultural conflict resolution is a well done Whole Person Process Facilitated
meeting, again with a common issue of concern being worked on (but not the
conflict itself as a topic). It may seem odd to work on conflict resolution
by addressing a common issue of concern but not the conflict, in these two
meeting methods. Yet, in over 20 years of working with various situations of
conflict using these methods, I have a consistent story to tell that the
conflict often resolves itself in these meeting platforms when people are
working on something they really care about give enough space and time to
have conversations. Yes indeed, as consultants, one of the most frequent
requests we have from our clients is to come into their organizations to do
something about conflict. We recommend against a conflict resolution meeting
and instead recommend a WPPF meeting or OST meeting for the purpose of
resolving a business issue. The client gets the benefit of conflict
resolving itself as a buy product of the meeting, and also simultaneously
for the same level of investment and effort, benefitting from a solution to
a business issue of deep concern.

Sometimes, one of the action plan items out of the OST or WPPF meeting is
that a small grouping of people want to resolve a conflict amongst them.
When this happens, and only when this happens, we work through a dedicated
conflict resolution process with them. If you are an OST facilitator, and
can see benefit of adding to your skills to be able to have a dedicated
Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution process for those who ask for such help
as a result of having been in the OST meeting, you may be interested in our
on line Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution workshop.

Feb 7 and 9, from 9am-4pm EST with an hour for lunch. Also, those
registering receive a bonus of taking the planning workshop on Feb 2 at no
extra charge. Again, we use Blackboard Collaborate as the online learning
platform so you need a computer with a headset and microphone. Facilitated
using Whole Person Process Facilitation.

http://www.dalarinternational.com/genuine-contact-program/advanced-workshops
/cross-cultural-conflict-resolution

tingshaBirgitt Williams

Author Genuine Contact Way

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact program

President and Senior Consultant,

Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

www.dalarinternational.com

Note: picture of the bells that have journeyed to numerous countries with me
for twenty-two years as an international consultant. During the closing
circle of every meeting, everyone in the meeting has held these bells. They
have now been held by thousands of people, all doing their part to create
life nurturing conditions for humanity. The bells have also been held in
blessing and in prayer by countless people, who bless all who ever hold
them, with the journey of the bells uniting all of their energies to make a
difference for humanity, one person at a time, one organization at a time,
one business at a time, one community at a time.