[OSList] Teach Them to Fish / A Note to My Friends

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 10:16:46 PST 2012

Yes, Bernardo, you are right. Sometimes one must give the fish, teach to fish and also help learning how to learn.

You are also right that this "to help to learnr" is indeed "to facilitate". I avoided the term because quite often - as HO mentioned - many people think (and do) "facilitate too much", disempowering the other and making more difficult for him to learn by himself.

And your story in Mozambique (Beira) is marvelous.

Abraço

Artur