[OSList] Poetry Contest - still collecting your votes

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Feb 19 20:46:55 PST 2012

Hello, all - Some of you are asleep and some of you are awake as I
write this to you, my friends all over the world.

For some of you, there is still time to send in your votes for your
favorite poems.
You others could actually slip in an email to me while *I* sleep
tonight so I see it on *my* Monday morning.

Because I am gathering your votes until the end of today - Sunday 19
February - and in some parts of the world it is still Sunday.

You have 5 virtual sticky-dots to 'spend'. You can select a poem which
receives all of your dots - or spend your 5 dots among several poems.

To vote - send me a direct email - lisaheft at openingspace.net - to let
me know how many dots you are spending for which numbers.

In the meantime - to give you a little 'snack' while you are waiting
for the news...
...A poem which has been given to me by one of you - who shall be
called 'Anon'.

Enjoy enjoy... - Lisa

__________________________

The Uses of Not

Thirty spokes
Meet in the hub.
Where the wheel isn’t
Is where it’s useful.

Hollowed out,
Clay makes a pot.
Where the pot’s not
Is where it is useful.

Cut doors and windows
To make a room.
Where the room isn’t
there’s room for you.

So the profit in what is
is in the use of what isn’t.

-- Tao Te Ching: Chapter 11
translated by Ursula K. Le Guin (1998)

(to which Anon adds...)
"Not bad for 500 BCE. As they say, Open Space has been around for a
bit."