[OSList] Habitat Santo Village Governance Plan

John Engle john at haitipartners.org
Wed Dec 19 05:27:59 PST 2012

Hi friends,

Earlier this year I shared that we were contracted by Habitat For Humanity in Haiti to help residents in new village they've built to develop democratic practices and to create a governance plan together.

Folks on this list were really affirming and encouraging. I didn't do a good job of keeping you up to date on this project. My apologies.

It is finished and it went very well. Here's a link to summary which includes final report and downloadable governance plan in English and in Haitian-Creole:
http://haitipartners.org/2012/12/good-neighbor-project-helps-habitat-santo-community-work-toward-independence/

Habitat For Humanity has been very pleased and asked us to submit Phase two given that they've built another 130 or so homes and that they're eager for us to accompany and coach the new home owner's association.

More Circles of Change contracts are in the works. I'll keep you posted.

Warm wishes to all for a wonderful holiday season.

Cheers,

John
John Engle - On the ground regular updates at http://www.haitipartners.org/the-blog/

Co-Director
Mobile: 202-236-6532 and 011.509.3136.6495
US Office:  772.539.8521