[OSList] New Tales from Open Space? (was:Re: Life in Open Space as a "Butterfly")

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 08:09:48 PDT 2012

A second though on
this.

I was really impressed by the candid mail from Suzanne and by all the cases she
mentioned.

After some time, I have felt that the international OST community was in need
of same recent success stories and other uses of OST around
the world.

The "Tales from Open Space" that Harrison edited is from 1995 and can
no longer be considered as "recent cases" that one can present to
prospect sponsors.

And the recent stories are dispersed and no one has access to the majority of
them.

I wonder if we could not consider the possibility of

1) Each of us makes
available on this thread (or elsewhere) some more recent applications of OST
around the world. (This can be long papers or very small accounts).

2) Someone do some editing on that and make it available as an e-book with the
most interesting and complementar stories in different countries and types of
customers. (As you have already begun that, are you interested in doing this
editing, Suzanne?)

3) Eventually, as
it happened with the French e-book, which Christine Koehler pioneered and edited,
this e-book can later be more consolidated and published has a real book of
"New Tales on Open Space" (we could continue to use the green front
page, but probably a more clear green - at least in my country, clear green is
the color of hope)

This would be very
useful as I am more and more convinced that OST (and other forms of
unconferences) will have a very important role in the organizational and societal
transformation that will surely happen in the next few years (is already
happening, I mean).

What do others
think about this? Shall we discuss this in the London WOSonOS?

Warm regards

Artur