[OSList] WOSNOS, Children and sharing

Jamie Colston jamiecolston at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:42:24 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have a question. I would love to come to WOSNOS and I have a big world
cafe/open space, two day event called the Bath and North East Somerset
Youth Climate Summit (see www.greenvisionmovement.org/youthsummit), which
takes place on 15th/16th October. It brings together 150 young people from
across the county to learn and engage in conversations which lead to action
on climate change and other global issues that affect young people today.
As I am organising this event I will need to be around on the Sunday
beforehand getting ready and I also have two children and a partner who
need support as I get closer to the event (and will be working longer
hours). So my question is around whether I could bring my children to
WOSNOS. Are there any other children going? I feel like if I came I would
get so much out of it even with a big event looming.
For me part of what I am looking to do in the future is design learning
spaces for young people on the principles of World Cafe and Open space so
bringing my children with me to events like this adds energy to that vision.

Can I also put out there that if there is anyone interested in the two day
event who are doing similar things in the UK or around the world and would
like to come and check it out then it would be a pleasure to have you.
Thanks and please let me know if children are welcome and if anyone else is
bringing any?

Jamie x

*Jamie Colston*

Co-creating learning spaces and learning opportunities for children, young
people and those who support them in the journey:

*How do we find and celebrate our passion, live with purpose, in harmony
with our one planet, working together to create a peaceful, equitable and
life affirming society?*

*M: *07909 442006 *E: *jamiecolston at gmail.com* *

*FB/Linked In/Skype:* Jamie Colston  *Twitter*: spearthwarrior

*Nowhere ECL  www.now-here.com/ecl*
*Green Vision Movement  www.greenvisionmovement.org*

**** <http://www.bathamptoncsa.wordpress.com/>* *