[OSList] OS question for Community/School event

Kevin Hiebert kevinhiebert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:28:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a question concerning a possible OS event that will be occurring.  There is a core team working together to call together a time of the wider community to discuss and collaborate around the idea of increasing local school(elementary, middle and high) and community partnerships.

A few logistical questions:
1. With a wide open invitation to parents, community members and other community associations is RSVP for individuals needed?  Without an RSVP it will be near to impossible to figure out exact numbers of people will be coming.  My fear is that an RSVP will limit those who may desire to come to the OS.

2. This specific area we are targeting we are focusing on a 5 elementary school catchment area.  This area's demographic is lower income, low parental engagement, working families, very multi cultural.  Does anyone have any pointers on specific ideas or experience in working with these factors?

Thanks!

Kevin Hiebert  |  RESONATE
Facilitator - Community Engagement Consultant
(360) 904-5150
www.resonateNW.com

Follow on Facebook
Follow on Twitter