[OSList] "Academic Validity?"

chunili2000 at yahoo.com chunili2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 09:17:27 PDT 2012

Open Space can be considered a form of Action Research methods, similar to Appreciative Inquiry.  People who own the problems solve the problems, and the solutions can be continuously improved  through iterations.
A method has validity when it does what it's supposed to do.  Researchers are welcome to study the various forms of validity (construct, content, criterion, etc.) on Open Space. However, at the end of the day, if Open Space gets you what you need and does what it's supposed to do, from action research's point of view, it's valid and a very practical applied research method.

Chuni Li