[OSList] Designing an OS way

douglas germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Sep 15 17:18:36 PDT 2011

Friends--

An opportunity has been dropped in my lap, and I need your help to
noodle it through, please:

A local college created a program for beginning entrepreneurs. They now
have a dozen graduates of this continuing education program, and they
are doing follow-on sessions: once a month, from 9 to 10 am, local
experts present and consult with them. For those who pay the fee for
this continuing portion, this session is mandatory.

Now they want to do something at these monthly meetings which will
encourage them to consult and conspire with one another on the
challenges they are facing as they start their businesses. This is
voluntary.

The sessions would run from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. Many people may have to
get back to work by 1:00 so may leave early.

They had a 3-hour OS session half way through their program before they
graduated, so most of them have had some experience with OS.

My sense of what they need is to be sounding boards for each other, to
engage one another in deep and meaningful conversation, to have some
bonding or cohesiveness time.

I would like to design some way that uses OS principles that becomes
their way of being together. They would like me to help some of them
learn how to do OST, and that might be part of it.

How would you design an OS way of life for these women for their once a
month meeting?

Thanks!

			:- Doug.