[OSList] Happy wosonos - From Chile to London

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 03:29:22 PDT 2011

Love the inquiry you bring to this question Harold.  The pluses of it and
the potential disruption of it should it interfere with the intimacy of the
connections and the "in the moment" conversations.

Something that was really fun in Chile that I did was using Skype to
introduce a few family members and colleagues to some folks.   With my
sister who knows how passionate I am about Open Space (our family hosted an
open space for family and friends a few years ago on the theme:  "If I
could change my world a little bit..."), I took her on a walking tour of
our Open Space room.  I pointed my computer camera to the marketplace wall,
I showed her the newsroom, the circle, the flowers, the silent
auction/Access Queen table of goodies,  the beautifully arranged room and
through the window the gorgeous mountains in the background. I even
introduced her to a few people who were passing by and they had a short
chat.  Did the same with Elaine Hansen one evening introducing her to
people who came by as I was sitting outside.   It was part of the sharing
in the moment, bringing her into the brimming energy and excitement of this
event.

Got me thinking that maybe at WOSonOS London, we could carve out a
meet/greet of physical virtual inviting walkarounds of the room and people
introducing each other in small conversations (nothing formal, similar to
what I did with people just saying hi, seeing the room and getting a
virtual feel of the energy and hospitality).  Just a thought!

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group
7159 Victoria Circle