[OSList] Happy wosonos - From Chile to London

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 05:14:09 PDT 2011

Artur,

So many wonderful suggestions. Reflects the heartfelt intention of so many
to welcome many and all. As technology has progressed in leaps and bounds,
so too have our expectations and hopes that we be able to join WOSonOs in
the physical and/or virtual space.

Behind the scenes no matter how big or small the gathering, I have gotten a
glimpse of the work it requires in terms of organization.  Volunteers
preparing for many long months to welcome people from different countries
with different cultures and different needs. Some who join have traveled to
foreign countries often, others less and then there are the language issues.
What has struck me most here is the sensitivity of everyone in Latin America
towards us, wanting so much to make this event memorable.

I am bursting with gratitude to have seen Chile welcome WOSonOS for the
first time in South America as beautifully as they have.  The technology is
this more rural area has been amazing with them experimenting with bringing
in a few new things.

Reflecting on Artur's suggestion, it is perhaps a good idea that a
technology support team from the larger world of Open Space join hands with
the host country to assist in making happen all that we hope could happen,
sharing the work load, skills and gifts present in our community.

That said, being here now, I know there is no camera, no technology, no
words that can convey the feeling of love and camaraderie that always
happens in Open Space. Deep reflections, joyful laughter, hugs and smiles
from the heart and the eyes, new insights, new hope, new energy and a
knowing that what is happening in the moment, the new friendships can only
happen when we are physically present. It is the essence of Open Space to be
savored that is at the heart of it all. It is the place were we often get
courage and context for what we do. I wish if for everyone that once, twice
or more in their life, they be able to attend this magical gathering in
person.

As happens on the final day, a touch of sadness knowing this is our last
morning. Wishing we could truly "expand our now". I will miss my new
friends; I hope to return to South America one day.

I honor those like the late Father Brian Bainbridge who attended so many
WOSonOS and who by his mere presence made a host team feel their efforts
were all so worthwhile.

Having Harrison here was also such a gift. Seeing the intimate conversations
between him with one or a few, at breakfast, huddled in corners here and
there, in the early evenings or around the dinner table, I know how much it
means to everyone, that this regular guy who came up with this great thing
called Open Space, with the help of others is here in Chile.

This will be my last journalistic sign-off.  The closing circle will belong
to all.   And I have to say, I'm a bit tired.  Not often that we're in Open
Space all day and then dancing most of the night into the wee morning
hours.  Viva Chile! Viva South America!

Suzanne

Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group