[OSList] more on occupy san diego

Skye Hirst skyeh at autognomics.org
Tue Oct 18 10:46:00 PDT 2011

Raffi,  I'm loving your openness, sense of being in it, fully
present, not knowing, and then knowing what to do from that
openness.  You bring all that your are, know and have experienced to
the next moment of creation. As is said, it's "messy"  and takes time
to unfold, but then there is a moment of clarity and "clumping" which
pulls it all together for the next act of choice.   It seems to me
from way out here in Maine that what's happening is people are
learning about process and living process always available to us but
somehow, over the years, centuries,  we forgot.  I am so appreciating
your sharing.  My thoughts come from philosophy of organism - how
life organizes and knows itself. Also look to the invisible value
dynamics - it takes all kinds of values to hold us together as
organisms, sometimes the values of rules, structure, agreements help
when they come out of what's happening, not imposed from outside.
Then there's the values of what works, the practical,  who has the
skills needed to get a job done and then there's the values of
oneness,  the all connection of no boundaries -communication that
stems from openness - love, aesthetics, possibility.  You are in one
giant organism and are one of the cells in even larger organism when
communication is allowed from all these levels, people self-organize
into what needs to happen next, just like the human body 75 Trillion
cells acting autonomously together to keep the larger organism stay
well and thriving.  Communication to all the cells simultaneously is
the key.    I'd be curious if any of this resonates to what you are
experiencing.
On Oct 18, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Raffi Aftandelian wrote:

> Michael, thanks much for challenging my thinking about my role here.
>
> I'd love to hear the perspective of others. I'm also cc'ing this to
> the Genuine Contact list as I'd love to hear the perspective of
> GC'ers on this, too.
>
> It has me thinking that perhaps at the very least I need to put
> something together where I am stating to others what I'm trying to
> do. I don't know.
>
> Perhaps, what I'm really doing is being a skilled participant. I'm
> just keeping my ears open for dissenting views, "protecting" those
> views, helping to make sure they are heard, and when I see people
> repeatedly stepping forward to facilitate I step in and speak up
> about this being a "leaderless" (still have mixed feelings about
> this word) movement. Personally have been working gradually towards
> coming to some kind of agreement on the use of alcohol, tobacco,
> and marijuana on site and establishing quiet hours. And for that of
> course seeking out and listening those who might be most
> passionately against such a change in "policy." And as I draw
> people's perspectives out on this score, I just try to ask good
> questions, like, "How do we honor your wishes to have lots of
> freedom to do all of the above while holding the principle of
> inclusivity (e.g. make the "occupation" welcoming to all)?  And you
> can see that people's RAM is being engaged up their in the Grey
> Matter....which is encouraging.
>
> Just to be clear- for example when I was formally facilitating a
> committee meeting yesterday, I was not involved in the content--
> and I made a point of that-- explaining to everyone that it is my
> belief that a facilitator almost never gets involved in content.
>
> much warmth from the coast,
> raffi
> (aka capt. nosebleed)
>
> powered by ubuntu 10.4

Skye Hirst, PhD
The Autognomics Institute
Perceiving the Process Nature of Life-itself

skyeh at autognomics.org
www.autognomics.org
Twitter @autognomics