[OSList] "care for process" at kickstarter.

Karolina Iwa karolina.iwa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 00:37:35 PDT 2011

dear listers,

with a group of fellow facilitators from six countries and two continents we
wrote a book on* care for participation*.
now we want to translate it into a more interactive and creative form - a
mindmap,
which you can use as wallpaper, write on and interact with.
for this we are collecting funds over kickstarter.
here you can view the project and support it:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320897449/care-for-process-mindmap

(more on the project below
and the book you can find here:
http://www.booki.cc/careforprocess/)

we would appreciate your support and spreading the word to whoever you think
might be interested in this subject.

please get back to us with your opinions on the book and the mindmap idea!

...and have a lovely day,

karolina.

***

We want to create a simple, useful guide that allows groups of people to
integrate their ideas and fully harness the potential of human
collaboration: a MindMap.We know that collective can be greater than what
any single person can achieve. But we also know that all too often, human
potential and innovation gets squashed when people come together.  Hierarchy
emerges, process is ignored and ideas are suppressed.  Think of those
meetings and projects where some voices are heard over others. Or meetings
that don't inspire us to dedicate ourselves fully because we don't feel like
the project is ours.

We will create a tool that allows people in any context (schools,
non-profits, NGO's, government, science labs, business) to really put their
minds together.
What will it look like?  A poster!  Made of paper!  Although we're well
versed in sophisticated software that allows for collaboration (and will be
using it in our process) our goal is to create a MindMap that is as powerful
as it is simple.  Something that can be used in any context--from a
boardroom to a classroom--and can act as a template for face-to-face as well
as virtual interactions.

We are an interdisciplinary collective of facilitators. We all come from and
work with very diverse groups. We work with kids, public administration,
business people, academics, communities, artists, collectives, youngsters,
activists and NGOs and with all sorts of teams.  At the core of our
philosophy is 'care for process.' We draw knowledge and inspiration from our
study of wiki systems (our group first met at WikiSym2010) and 4th Wave
Feminism, a a feminism that empowers and inspires inclusion and appreciation
of diversity; understands that participation is political and that the way
we construct communication influences decision-making processes.

We have spent a year collaborating electronically and explored the subjects
of care, work, process, feminism, empowerment, recognition, collectives,
companies, instituitions, groups, societies and the world at large. We
talked to female leaders, male carers, friends, lovers, and people who
explored and lived these themes with us. We presented at activist and
academic settings, we wrote poems, we conducted trainings, we skyped and
dreamt. We met once all together face-to-face and produced a book:
http://www.booki.cc/careforprocess.

Now, we want to turn that book into a MindMap that the world can use.  To do
this, we need your help.  Take a step towards setting the process in motion
and contribute whatever you can.
<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1320897449/care-for-process-mindmap/messages/new?message%5Bto%5D=1320897449&mode=FAQ>
*

***

karolina iwa

trainer & facilitator
collective intelligence & self-organisation

www.track2facilitation.com
samoorganizacja.wordpress.com

D: +49 15774 932193   PL: +48 880 747578