[OSList] Signing up for sessions

Ulrika Eklund ulrika.eklund at telia.com
Sat Nov 5 09:39:28 PDT 2011

Hi

I do not do the signing up thing before. For me its contradiction to
the law of two feet. In some way it restricts the freedome. The
participants just show up whereever they have the passion and the
responsility to show up.

I can also feel that it increases the power pattern (do not know if
this is the right English word). But if there are people with for
example higher positions, older, more experiences or other patterns
this might influence people to follow the people and not their passion
for the issue. Yes I realized that people follow people also when not
signing up but at least not at the agenda wall.

(I have tried the signing up - and did not find any thing being added
with doing this. So one thing less to do instead :-) )

Wishing you good luck with your event!
Ulrika

--
Ulrika Eklund