[OSList] Open Space for Non-Violent Communications

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 18:50:17 PDT 2011

Yaari-jan, thanks for this.

Indeed, some of the greatest resistance I ever experienced in proposing OST was with my local NVC community. There was so much concern about using OST you'd think the sky would fall if space was opened to practice NVC.

And after a long while, after experiencing several one day NVC practice events held in OST some  of the most skeptical folks came around and saw the practice of OST has its merits.

Now, mind you, they had their criticisms still-- they worried that the good practice of NVC was somehow threatened. After all, anyone could post a session, even someone with no experience of NVC.

On the matter of being NVC'ers not being peaceful and instead being dogmatic, etc.--- to be fair don't we have our share of not-quite-peaceful and a wee bit dogmatic in the open space community?

I, for one, am guilty as charged!

much warmth from a seattle-like san diego,
raffi