[OSList] OST examples

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Sun Nov 20 08:12:15 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,

I have two examples of OST to share. I was presently surprised in the
article put out by the National Institute of Environmental Health Science.
See :
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/newsletter/2011/august/spotlight-niehs/index.c
fm.

I also published a different story in our own newsletter and blog
http://www.genuinecontactway.com/blog/update-child-survival-in-india with
Save the Children India.

We have a 'given' in our Consultancy www.dalarinternational.com of working
only with extraordinary leaders. We are blessed to have this as our
experience, and in these two examples had the opportunity to work with
extraordinary leaders who are committed to high levels of participation,
transparency, collaboration, and getting some very complex work done for
humanity. When a potential client contacts us, we also interview them to
ensure that we are working with an extraordinary leader. One step in
ascertaining a good fit is to ask the leaders to look at our list at
http://www.dalarinternational.com/about-dalar/our-clients#client and
determine if we are a good fit for them through their own discernment
process. We also hope that the list is educational.

Next week, on to another large OST meeting of about 300 people at a leading
university, with yet another extraordinary leader. All planning meetings
have been done using Whole Person Process Facilitation, a method I devised
almost 20 years ago for this very purpose so that we had a method for the
planning and debrief meetings that was congruent with OST in values. Indeed,
we put a lot of attention into the planning.

When we have an international client, often with staff in multiple
geographic locations, we use Elluminate (blackboard collaborate) as the
meeting software for our planning meetings, again using Whole Person Process
Faciltiation as adapted for an on line environment. Today, I am getting
ready for just such a meeting tomorrow, with key leaders and point persons
of the organization from six different countries, all working through
important discussions so that when they have their global strategic planning
meeting in February in Dubai, we will make the most of the precious time and
resources in putting this global meeting together. The basic layout of this
phase of our work: one nine hour planning meeting divided over three three
hour sessions held on line with key decision makers in the organization;
five day Whole Person Process Facilitation meeting in February in Dubai,
upon which is resting a great deal for the global organization and its
future; within the five days of Whole Person Process Facilitation as a
meeting platform, we will have a three day OST meeting, led from start to
finish in just the way taught by Harrison. Our clients are experiencing
great success with the results of their meetings.

Warmly,

Birgitt

tingshaBirgitt Williams

Author Genuine Contact Way

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact program

President and Senior Consultant,

Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

www.dalarinternational.com

Note: picture of the bells that have journeyed to numerous countries with me
for twenty-two years as an international consultant. During the closing
circle of every meeting, everyone in the meeting has held these bells. They
have now been held by thousands of people, all doing their part to create
life nurturing conditions for humanity. The bells have also been held in
blessing and in prayer by countless people, who bless all who ever hold
them, with the journey of the bells uniting all of their energies to make a
difference for humanity, one person at a time, one organization at a time,
one business at a time, one community at a time.