[OSList] conflict resolution

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Thu Nov 10 15:26:17 PST 2011

Dear friends and colleagues,

Working with Open Space Technology is key in our Genuine Contact program
www.genuinecontact.net. From my work with OST, I shifted to working with
what was then known as the Conscious Open Space Organization in my great
passion for sustainability in an organization of the high levels of
performance we experience in an OST meeting. Over time, this morphed into
the Genuine Contact Organization. An easy way to explain this morphing is by
pursuing 'what do I experience when I participate in an OST meeting?'. 'I
experience genuine contact!'. What do I have the opportunity to do on planet
earth? Maybe it is even, what must I do in order to feel like my life is
whole and complete.  I must learn to be in genuine contact with myself. I
must learn to be in genuine contact with another person. I must learn to be
in genuine contact with a collective. I must learn to be in genuine contact
with Creator and Creation.

Within the Genuine Contact program, when we teach about conflict resolution,
we teach that the BEST vehicle for conflict resolution is a well done Open
Space Technology or well done Whole Person Process Facilitation meeting.with
a focus on an important business goal, and no focus on conflict
resolution..and a lot of the conflict sorts itself out in the process. We
also added a module specifically on conflict resolution. And so, if I truly
believe that OST and WPPF are the best ways to achieve conflict resolution,
why did I add a module on conflict resolution? The reason is that sometimes,
as a result of an OST or WPPF meeting, a group of people in their action
planning openly identify that they have or are in a situation of conflict.
And then in the action planning, they ask for a guided conflict resolution
meeting so that the conflict does not remain a barrier to high levels of
performance. In early days of working with OST, as these requests started
coming in, I was in the process of studying what was universal or common
amongst people. And thus, when I created the module on conflict resolution,
which we now call Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution, I worked from what is
common amongst humans, not what is different.

Please join us for an online highly interactive workshop on Cross Cultural
Conflict Resolution Nov 22-25, from 9am to 12 noon EST
http://www.dalarinternational.com/cross-cultural-conflict-resolution-novembe
r-2011.

Warmly,

Birgitt

tingshaBirgitt Williams

Author Genuine Contact Way

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact program

President and Senior Consultant,

Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

www.dalarinternational.com

Note: picture of the bells that have journeyed to numerous countries with me
for twenty-two years as an international consultant. During the closing
circle of every meeting, everyone in the meeting has held these bells. They
have now been held by thousands of people, all doing their part to create
life nurturing conditions for humanity. The bells have also been held in
blessing and in prayer by countless people, who bless all who ever hold
them, with the journey of the bells uniting all of their energies to make a
difference for humanity, one person at a time, one organization at a time,
one business at a time, one community at a time.