[OSList] Crossing borders -- Coming to the circle

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Thu Nov 3 12:37:33 PDT 2011

Carol Kasbari is a Palestinian, an old friend and "Open Spacer." I first met
her in Israel while doing a program with Tova. Carol was very young and
afraid. The 2nd Infatada had broken out and a suicide bombing had just
occurred in the city and as we did our program at a mountain retreat
overlooking the road to Jerusalem. We could see the ambulances moving along.
Suddenly Carol's phone rang. It was her husband, Osama, and he was right in
the middle of things. You could feel Carol's terror. Our program went on.
Mostly Open Space. At the end Carol came to me with the most elegant thank
you I think I have ever received. She said, "You have reborned my hope."
Since that time, Carol has been doing many things including opening space
for many people. Her TED talk (at the same conference Tova spoke to, I
think) is powerful, to say the least. Once again she brought tears to my
eyes (seems to happen a lot) - and it is clear that her hope is alive and
well. Listen for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWiZMXEK_E8
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWiZMXEK_E8&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)

Camden, Maine 20854

Phone 301-365-2093

(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org