[OSList] An Invitation to a Virtual Global Conversation

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:59:34 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Come join us: http://globalconversation.eventbrite.com/

Elaine Hansen and I with a team of nearly 20 had intended to play it safe.
The project is a Virtual Global Conversation that will take place on
November 20, 2011. We had planned it to be in a World Café format,
preparing questions ahead of time and organizing people in small groups.  In
Chile I happened to mention it to Harrison. Of course, you can hear his
response: Why not in Open Space?

Yes why not?   We quickly brainstormed bringing Larry Peterson, also part
of our team, into the conversation.  And we decided: let’s go for it!  Let’s
invent, create and experiment with the Maestro Technology, the platform we
are using to invite people to this free event. We know we’ll be pushing the
limits of this new technology. We know it will not honor all of the
self-organizing that Open Space invites but we hope it will be a giant step
in that direction.

The theme is about “Letting go who we think we’re supposed to be to embrace
who we are”. An invitation to just be ourselves in life! It will be around
Brené Brown’s work: her Ted talk “The Power of Vulnerability” and her book *The
Gifts of Imperfection*.

We invite you to join us by clicking this link:

<http://www.globalconversation.eventbrite.com/>
http://globalconversation.eventbrite.com/

 <http://www.globalconversation.eventbrite.com/>

Much to our amazement, close to 150 people from around the world have
already signed up.

We all know magic happens in Open Space.  We hear the palpable feel of it
in Closing Circle and what I also know is that days, weeks and months
later, people are still deeply moved and affected by the experience. What I
am hoping from this experiment is that we will see if it would be possible
for people to connect virtually soon after a face-to-face Open Space. It
could be an opportunity for participants to share how they felt after an OS
event—a way of deepening their awareness and anchoring the experience.

Open Space invites us to take responsibility for what we are passionate
about; it invites us to action on things that we care about. What it also
does is invite us to recognize who we are in life. We just don’t always
realize what happened, after it happened. Being able to share soon after
may be a good thing!

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle