[OSList] Poke the Open Space Box

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Mon May 16 22:40:19 PDT 2011

Hi Harold,

Even though it is my favorite thing of all the things that I do, I am
not sure I would want to be a full time Open Space facilitator. And I
think  that to be successful busineswise, it is good to have focus
but it is not always good to be a one trick pony. I like it when
people come to me and say: I have heard you are good at creating
great meetings, would you like to do this meeting for us? I like it
even better when they say: we have this problem in our organization,
would you come look at it and help us out? I like it a lot less when
the request is something like: we have an Open Space meeting on June
20 in Amsterdam, can you facilitate it?

The last request is just for me to do my trick. I have the idea if I
would become Mr. Open Space, I would get a lot more of these requests
that I don't really like. I would much rather be Mr. Great Meetings,
or Mr. Problem Solver. What kind of Mr. or Ms would you all like to be?

Warm wishes from a rainy (finally!) Utrecht.

Koos