Opening Space in Africa

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Mon Mar 7 20:44:43 PST 2011

Hi Cleo.  You could start by connecting with REOS partners in South Africa.
 They are all experienced OST facilitators working in SA, Zimbabwe and
beyond.  I've worked with them in SA.

http://reospartners.com/projects/Africa

Chris

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:

> Wonderful idea! And I think you might have to start by narrowing the scope
> a bit. Africa, like every other continent, is not a single thing. Add in the
> fact that, where the need for what you propose is the greatest, the
> resources are least. And where the need is really great, not only are
> resources in short supply, the atmosphere is downright toxic. I think of
> Sierra Leone and Liberia in the first category. Great potential (natural
> resources, good people) – but both nations are hanging on by a string. And
> then we get to place like Zimbabwe… ouch! Just to add a little spice to the
> brew, don’t forget that North Africa is largely Islamic (and we know that is
> going on there – more or less). And sub Saharan Africa is largely Black --
> and a very different kettle of fish.
>

> But you got to start somewhere. For whatever reason I think of Ghana. Not
> the most exciting place in the world, but it has been there for a long time
> and is on (relatively) good terms with the neighbors. Then I guess I would
> think – not of a single Summit – but a succession. Rolling across Africa,
> opening space for people to find themselves and their future… A thought.
>

> ho
>

> Harrison Owen
>
> 7808  River Falls Dr.
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> USA
>
> Phone 301-365-2093
>
> www.openspaceworld.com
>
> www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
>
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Facilitation - Training - Process Design
Open Space Technology

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com