URGENT Call for Replacement Partners

fergal barr thekingisalive at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:47:53 PDT 2011

To  Youth Work Organisations in the following countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands,  Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic and Sweden.

Inside Out, Derry, N Ireland, is issuing a call for 'Replacement Organisations' to take the place of two organisations that withdrew from a major Training Programme to be held in Derry, Northern Ireland between 16 and 23 May this year.

'YouthFest' will bring together practitioners from all over Europe in a common ‘celebration’ of youth work practice and in doing so acknowledge and recognise unique and specific ‘skill sets’ among participants which can promote greater awareness of and respect for youth work among local publics but more importantly provides space for youth workers to engage in experiential learning processes which enhances practice with the aim of engaging marginalised young people in constructive but testing environments.

In short 'YouthFest' is a a 6-day training programme for youth workers who will deliver workshops to local young people from in and around the Derry~Londonderry area on 21 May.  Information regarding YouthFest is attached including formal application to British Council.

We are now inviting youth work organisations in named countries to apply to replace those countries that withdrew.

Given the shortage of time it means that those organisations interested in replacing former partner organisations should be able to identify, recruit and select participants by the beginning of April.  You should be able to recruit three participants that are either 'youth workers by profession' or who 'work with young people in their day-to-day environment but not necessarily on an everyday basis'.  Participants must also have an expertise (high level of skill) in one of the following areas: Music and Dance, Drama and Theatre, Sport & Outdoor Education, Play and The Arts.  We prefer not to have participants drawn from all the same skill areas, ie., 3 in music, 3 in drama, etc.  We are looking for a variety of 'expertise.'

If you know that your organisation is equipped to be part of 'YouthFest' and would like to be considered please complete attached 'Youth Application Form' and reply to this e-mail by 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 21 March.

Please note that this programme is funded under the Youth in Action Programme and will be subject to same rules and conditions that govern the programme.

Thanking in anticipation of interest shown.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Fergal Barr

My book:  The Things People Say: Political Quotations from the Northern Ireland Peace Process

To buy it on-line: http://www.trafford.com/07-2815

To order it in a book shop: Give the nice man/woman this ISBN number : 1-4251-6179-0

Info about me: http://trainers.salto-youth.net/FergalBarr/

Organisation I work for: www.claudyyouth.com

Organistion I used to work for: www.offthestreets.org

How I live my life: Humour is the shortest distance between people;Always remember there is someone worse off than you; It's not a matter of if only a matter of when