WOSONOS in Africa ?!

Michael Pannwitz michael.pannwitz at boscop.org
Mon Mar 7 22:32:31 PST 2011

Dear Cleo, dear all,

there is a number of people working with open space on the continent, have a
look at www.openspaceworldmap.org where you can find some contacts. Together
with Marc and Catherine and their company IPK (interesting website) we
organized an open space training workshop in Capetown which Mia and I
facilitated just about two years ago with leaders and facilitators also
attending from other countries in the region. While in South Africa in 2007
for the global Future Search learning exchange  and also in 2009 we met with
Valerie a couple of times - she is also very much active in the field.
Marianne told us some stories about her project in Zimbabwe and is also
opening space there. Ayalew spent some days with us here in Berlin in 2009
and is opening space in Ethiopia. I know there are some people opening space
in Tanzania even though they are not on the osworldmap... and then there
have been quite a few people from the North of Africa attending
mediterranean workshops which we facilitated in Europe in open space. I have
also heard stories from Dominik and Yaari about the open space training they
facilitated in Uganda with an active group initiated by the National Youth
Council.

I would contact all the locals directly and find out more about what is
going on in their networks - maybe start with a regional osonos.

So with all of that going on we might soon receive an invitation to all meet
on the African continent for one of the next annual World Open Space on Open
Space meetings coming up after Santiago de Chile 2011, London 2012 .... if
someone is getting ready to invite please let me know if there is anything
we can do to support you ;)

All the best from cold Berlin (Kreuzberg) and please do keep me informed of
your next steps

Michael

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Cleo Mseka <cleomseka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> The African Continent is ripe with opportunities, however Leadership is a
> key barrier limiting growth to propel our visions.
>
> I am interested in chatting more to people who have opened space in Africa,
> or used this as a tool to facilitate Leadership events/froums/or spaces of
> knowledge sharing relating to change and leadership and are interested in
> the development of the African continent.
>
> I am investigating the possibility of delivering a Leadership summit of
> some sort at a preferred destination in the continent.
>
> If you have attended leadership summits before, what worked well, what
> didnt work well, how much business did you generate from contacts made, what
> would you like to see less of or hear more of? Which countries in Africa
> would appeal to you to attend a similar event?
>
> If you are interested to share your
> learnings/skills/experiences/modalities/success stories/passions etc- please
> email me on cleomseka at gmail.com or chat on linked-in
> http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=34361704&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
>
> Thank you for listening to me.
>
> Warm Regards,