[OSList] Steve Jobs & Open Space

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon Dec 5 14:16:55 PST 2011

Skye:  You said "Each being/entity is self-directed and a closed system."  I
believe that there in fact is no such thing as a closed system - we may try
with sense of "purpose" to make a good container, but everything, every
entity interacts with its environment as it "concresses (sp?)" - comes into
being (Whitehead).  I do believe in the power of "purpose" to affect
material reality.  I've just started reading Deacon's "Incomplete Nature:
How mind emerged from matter" which tries to understand purpose and
direction from a scientific perspective.  Don't know where its going yet but
Jeff Aitkin said it was good and he is on a very interesting healing
journey.

I have only read novels for two years so this journey is interesting to me.

Wozniak tried to give the Apple mother board away to open  systems - Jobs
said "no way" and created a company that has become the biggest financially
in the world.

Interesting.

Larry