[OSList] Reflections and an Invitation

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 09:29:21 PDT 2011

Dear Harrison,

You got us at "hello" a long time ago.  We are on that journey already. Your
renewed invitation so beautifully crafted, which I accept as I know others
will and have, soothe and re-inspire to a deeper journey and a deeper sense
of awareness. You have captured, with brilliance and utter simplicity, the
recurring pattern of the Revolutionary Euphoria followed by the Asymmetric
Blues. How ironic that even though it was staring me in the face, I never
quite saw it in the simplicity with which you have just described it.

I feel a deep sense of peace inside of me, realizing in a breakthrough
moment what life could be like if we simply let ourselves live fully in the
euphoria of the moment without holding back, being ever so present, and if
we stopped worrying about controlling or preventing  the asymmetric blues
knowing they are part of the normal course of life.

We would experience greater joy and pain would be seen as something that
will pass. And I imagine all of us being so very surprised with the
sustainable outcomes that emerge.

On the one hand, because we fear the blues, we hold back on the euphoria and
then later, when the blues come, we convince ourselves that the euphoria was
just an illusion or a rare moment in time. Each experience in the present
moment suffers. I realize this surfer has lots has a lot to learn when it
comes to wave riding.

So in the euphoria of this breakthrough moment, imagining being totally
soaked riding the waves of Hurricane Irene, I holler out real loud: YAHOO
and THANK YOU Harrison!

Who else is up for the ride? I'm in! And I don't need a life jacket anymore!

Suzanne

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net> wrote:

> While waiting for Irene – she has now come and largely gone – but the
> waiting went on for a week or so. And in that time I started to write a note
> to myself. That note took on a life of its own and led me to some places I
> have been pondering, but never quite reached. I shared it with a few friends
> and they seemed to enjoy. So I make bold to offer it to you my friends on
> OSLIST. I guess that is appropriate, for the note has a lot to do with Open
> Space, our collective learning, and where we might go from here. Actually it
> is an invitation… and if curious go to:****
>
> ** **
>
> http://openspaceworld.com/August%20Morning.pdf****
>
> ** **
>
> Enjoy!****
>
> ** **
>
> Harrison****
>
> ** **
>
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Harrison Owen****
>
> 7808 River Falls Dr.****
>
> Potomac, MD 20854****
>
> USA****
>
> ** **
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)****
>
> Camden, Maine 20854****
>
> ** **
>
> Phone 301-365-2093****
>
> (summer)  207-763-3261****
>
> ** **
>
> www.openspaceworld.com****
>
> www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)****
>
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
> Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org
> ****
>
> ** **

Suzanne Daigle