[OSList] Planetary OST

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Aug 15 19:40:08 PDT 2011

Mark Matlock and I have done 2000, 2500, and something in between
those two - in a series of three events (youth ministry conferences)
across the US.
And I've done several other large-scale OS events.
The process still delivers intimate conversation, and the process does
not change.

As for any sized group - it works if it's the right tool for the job
(objective, time available, space available, context of what comes
before and after, and all the other things one typically talks about
with a client while assessing if Open Space is the answer) - and the
larger the group, the more thoughtfulness is necessary (I find) to
ensure clear sound, safety / access issues, ability for a participant
to easily navigate around a room / see where they need to go, and so on.

Dan - are you asking because you wish to write something in a book -
or because you are planning something with a client?

I look forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts, experiences and
observations...

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Fellow, Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution
Opening Space
lisaheft at openingspace.net

Ask me about these 2011 workshops for facilitators and others who
convene people:
  - The Power of Pre-Work - August 24-26 - San Francisco, USA
  - The Open Space Learning Workshop
        - October 17-18- Santiago, Chile (en español)
        - December 14-16 - San Francisco, USA