[OSList] 답장: FW: Once again: Blending OST with Training - an absolute NO NO?

Suzanne Daigle sdaigle4 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:16:47 PDT 2011

Sometimes things happen behind the curtain in the OS list.  Sometimes I
write private emails to people not wanting to expose myself to everyone, to
say thank you for giving me courage, to test the waters because I feel
insecure and uncertain, and sometimes just because.  And then sometimes
people write to me for the same reasons, thanking me because I connected
with their thoughts and they felt my support.  Without ever saying so, I
often want to say "Oh how I wish you had posted this to everyone" but then I
know that "feeling" where you don't feel safe and don't want to look stupid.
Years ago, I mostly played it safe; since I met Open Space, less so and it
is so freeing!

So folks, Bernd's note and the initial responses to him triggered something
in me and I wrote to Harrison privately after he responded to my OS public
post challenging me to go for the "whole enchilada".  He responded to my
private note by saying he wished I had posted it to all.  So not because
it's Harrison, it could have been anyone nudging me along, I am posting what
I emailed him and again baring my soul to all of you, feeling quite safe
really because most days it's how I now feel in this community and in my
heart and I hope many feel or will take the risk and get to feel like that
too.

Yes we love Open Space, no we are not a cult, we just care a lot about
OPENing  Space everywhere, knowing the world would be in a better place if
people stopped a bit to open space in whatever way...small spaces or big
enchilada spaces!  And perhaps by me posting today, others including
Harrison, will continue this important conversation inviting many to share
in an open and inclusive way how we feel and what we think on this
"blending" topic with all our wonderful diverse human points of view.
Inclusive does not mean agreeing or achieving consensus. Inclusive is
leaving wonderful space for so many different opinions... It's what the two
words "Diverse" and "Community" really mean...apart and together.

With much love and a twinkle in my eye for all my OS pals around the world.

**************
*My private posting from yesterday (exposed!)
*

Harrison, Let me tell you the real truth of why I wrote this  and then you
can slap me on the side of the head and know I still have lots to learn (
controlling ways -- I hope not?!) You know I want the whole enchilada and
"sturdy heart and soul" speaks to me...a hardy Canadian after all and the
one who's nuts about Open Space. And yes, you did jerk my chain again  and
challenged me about why not do "just" OS which I love.  Keep jerking my
chain on that :-}

However as someone that became enamored with this Open Space not that long
ago, I still remember what courage it took me to pose the questions that
Bernd or others do at times.  I notice in the answers that sometimes the
discussions get cut short because the answers of those who have been at this
so long seem so very definitive.   I remember when I will still figuring
things out, how comforting it was to hear some voices that seemed a bit more
like mine and how in the end, they helped me find my courage as much as the
definitive truths that I could not then know, those spoken by people who I
felt beyond my reach like you, Michael P, Spark, Herman and others.

Their support helped me learn and grown and made me feel just a bit less
intimidated. So sometimes, me as the beginner still, I wish with all my
heart that I can give courage to others as people gave me courage.  At the
same time, I worry that this may be my old controlling way or manipulative
way but then I say the hell with it, I will trust my heart and intuition
cause in the end, I want so many others to experience and love Open Space as
I do.  I know how I feel about Open Space and I know it even more every time
I "experience" something else. The irony is that by doing something else is
how I know that OS is like life and breath, not really a process. But
sometimes less is more...than nothing.

Now how's all that for a big fat enchilada!

Suzanne

--
Suzanne Daigle
NuFocus Strategic Group