[OSList] Knowledge sharing open space?

Nancy White nancy.white at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 08:09:15 PDT 2011

I have been trying some new things with knowledge sharing OS in terms of the
harvest. The traditional notes are great, but we started doing some visual
harvests (sometimes with post it notes, card sorting, sometimes with a
graphic recorder, etc.) to start "connecting" conversations across sessions.
 This has proven useful because often the people coming together for the OS
have TONS of knowledge to share, but less "line of sight" to the importance
and value of the PRACTICES of knowledge sharing over time (and beyond the
session). So while tons of knowledge can be shared during the event, the
breakthrough possibility is shifting towards more ongoing knowledge sharing
behaviors and practices over time. Does that make any sense?