[OSList] Short meeting to taste Open Space

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue Apr 5 17:24:39 PDT 2011

Oh. Danilo.
I wonder if I mis-interpreted your question.

I interpreted it as 'how can I show to this group what an Open Space
*would* be like so they can decide if we are going to use it for
another meeting.'
Perhaps you mean instead *what can I do that is like Open Space *to
get their work / actual idea exchange done* but takes only 30 minutes?'

I was responding with the first image in mind. Giving them a snapshot
of something you would all talk about for some future meeting. Not
actually doing dialogue work.

If you only have 30 minutes and you mean the 2nd image: that you only
have 30 minutes and want them to *do* some sort of dialogue work, I
would not do anything like Open Space at all.
- I would have to know what are the objectives and desired outcomes of
that 30 minutes / that task
- know more about what else is happening in that 30 minutes
- know what happens before and after
- how they want to use the ...ideas??...that come out of that time
- any underlying issues...
...and a lot more things before being able to select a dialogue or
idea exchange process - before selecting the 'how'.

Again: I would not name anything Open Space or try to fit anything
Open Space - I would use some other good interactive dialogue design.

So: perhaps if you share more about the questions above - the
situation, the full hour, and more - we can help you with ideas how to
design the not-Open-Space time.....

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator