[Oslist] Update on moving day(s)

Harold Shinsato harold at shinsato.com
Sat Apr 2 04:31:47 PDT 2011

Dear OSList-ers,

My deepest humblest regrets about the delays. Although I'm a competent
programmer - I don't have direct access to the import process of the old
archive messages. I had to assemble and convert the old messages from
ListServ format to Mailman format - but I don't do the final step.

There have been 6 delayed postings to OSList since we started the move.
Those emails have *not* been lost. I will approve them as soon as the
moving day(s) process is complete

The 24,000+ emails to the OSList since 1996 are safe and sound. We even
have multiple copies of them (thanks Peggy!) What is more - I managed to
install Mailman myself on my laptop and the archives converted just fine
to the GNU Mailman program.

But - as I said - I don't have direct access. This is something that
DreamHost has to do for us. Hopefully they will complete the process
soon. We need to wait until they complete that process before we can go
live - or your new emails will not get incorporated into the archives.

Thanks so much for all your patience!

     Regards,
     Harold

--