Unconferences

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 06:25:26 PDT 2010

On 5 September 2010 13:20, Annamarie Pluhar
<annamarie at pluharconsulting.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> DIana's posting of how the Agile community is embracing OS reminds me to ask
> this community about "unconferences."  I've not seen a discussion of them
> but maybe there was one predating my joining of the list.
> I've been to one "unconference" and was told about another by a colleague
> who understands OS. Neither had the careful opening that I think is the core
> of making OS work. I have had people say "Oh I've been to an Open Space
> meeting" and when I probed, discovered that it was an "unconference" not
> OS.
> Have other encountered this? And is this a problem for OS?

That's one of the things we were exploring with Facilitation Camp and
in a sense was part of the
inspiration for it, the gap between OST and Barcamp-style
unconferences.  In fact, on day one
of Facilitation Camp, there was a session on Open Space vs Barcamp
where the distinctions
between the two were examined.

--
Regards,
Mamading Ceesay

London Creative Labs: http://londoncreativelabs.com

Follow us on Facebook/Twitter and/or follow me on Twitter to find out more:
http://facebook.com/LondonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/LonCreativeLabs
http://twitter.com/evangineer