Unconferences

Annamarie Pluhar annamarie at pluharconsulting.com
Sun Sep 5 05:20:48 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

DIana's posting of how the Agile community is embracing OS reminds me to ask this community about "unconferences."  I've not seen a discussion of them but maybe there was one predating my joining of the list.

I've been to one "unconference" and was told about another by a colleague who understands OS. Neither had the careful opening that I think is the core of making OS work. I have had people say "Oh I've been to an Open Space meeting" and when I probed, discovered that it was an "unconference" not OS.

Have other encountered this? And is this a problem for OS?

Happy Sunday morning.

Annamarie Pluhar

Pluhar Consulting
Results through effective group process