creating the Community Bulletin Board

Raffi Aftandelian raffi_1970 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 11 15:07:44 PDT 2010

Harrison,
Good to hear back from you.

I also want to pick up on another aspect of this.

A number of new friends recently have attended OST events I've facilitated
and there has been an opportunity to go into more depth about their
experience of the event and to hear some honesty about what it has been like
for them.

And one piece of OSlist wisdom- from Peggy Holman a few years back- has
guided how I have these conversations. Peggy'd mentioned/implied (or i
inferred) how in the past when people didn't "get" OST or an aspect of OST,
she'd find herself engaging with the person depending the philosophy of OST
in a way that didn't promote understanding or connection. And that over the
years, she'd really shifted - giving up her attachment to the practice of
OS/ost- to really listen.

And those words of hers have inspired me to do the same. I realized upon
reading those words that i hadn't really listened in the past...and it's
been inspiring to try to listen fully and (try to) let go of my ideas of ost...

This question of what to do if someone requests a roundrobin is still with
me. I've seen that request at least three times. And none of those times
I've interfered. And two times people *have* gone around the circle and
introduced themselves...Would you intervene and actively discourage people
from doing a roundrobin? (one time was a group of 30 for a 4 hour ost, the
other 50 people for a 4 hour...)

appreciatively,
raffi