OST following a creative enhacing training

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 13:36:09 PST 2010

Thanks for sharing the JTM story, Peggy.

Actually, in my case, it was not a conventional training (as in Harrison's Bank
story) and also not only a normal Outdoor training. It was an event that
included other stuff like, for instance, a "Talents Night" where each person or
group add to act some kind of talent. It must have been a very intensive moment
as it was referred by almost everyone the next day. Also note that the OST
closing was also the closing of the all retreat and the client participants were
very happy with all the event and seemed to think that the OST was a good ending
for the 1,5 day event. So my experience was positive in many ways. I am not sure
if this was clear in my first post, as I didn't want to influence your
comments...

In what concerns your note about "journalist culture being quite defensive" I
have no experience with journalists but, from my previous experience as an IS
Strategic Planning consultant to companies in the past, I would add two types of
Departments to that list: Human Resources and Financial Departments. (By the
way, my story involved a Financial Department - but a very open one, according
with my experience...).

Warm regards

Artur