Translations (Danish)

Jenifer Toksvig never at acompletelossforwords.com
Wed May 26 02:36:13 PDT 2010

Lisa, thanks for pointing me to your place for translations. Sorry I didn¹t
notice that ­ sometimes I post before reading the whole digest!

Gerard: those translations are probably better than mine! Actually, my Mum
did the translating, and although her Danish is very good, it is her second
language. She says the language she used is a bit more informal than in the
translations you posted ­ is that fair to say? I would love to come to the
Scandinavian OSomOS ­ could we find a way to make it be COSomOS? - and will
do my very best to be there.

Alan: I got my Mum to record them for you, since her Danish pronunciation is
gorgeous. She did both her translations and also Gerard¹s ones.

http://www.acompletelossforwords.com/openspace/OSDanish1.mp3 (Julie Toksvig,
my Mum)

http://www.acompletelossforwords.com/openspace/OSDanish2.mp3 (Gerard¹s ones)

I¹ll leave them up on my website, but I can¹t guarantee that they¹ll be
there forever, so anyone is welcome to take them and put them on the ning or
somewhere else useful!

Jenifer Toksvig
never at acompletelossforwords.com

MThe:UK / LIPA Conference
How are we shaping the future of musical theatre?
June 2010
http://www.lipa.ac.uk/content/EventsPublicPerformances/Conferences/MusicalTh
eatre2010.aspx