OS in the Techie community

Steven List doc at anotherthought.com
Thu May 6 04:50:01 PDT 2010

There is indeed a lot going on in the "tech" world.  I quote "tech"
because a lot of what's going on is *in* the tech world but more about
process and organization.

The Scrum Gathering is an excellent example.  Scrum is used primarily
in the software development world, but is hardly limited to it.  The
Agile community (of which Scrum and the Scrum Alliance are a part)
uses OST extensively, from the Agile Open events (http://www.agileopen.net
) held all around the world, to the Agile Coach Camps (http://agilecoachcamp.org/tiki-index.php
), to smaller regional gatherings like the one I facilitated in Boston
(only 250 people).

In addition to the Agile community, there are technology communities,
like the one calling itself Alt.Net ("alt dot net").  Pretty much all
of their events, plus some of their monthly meetings, are being held
as OST events.  There have been several of these so far this year,
including Seattle, Houston, and Austin.

It's VERY exciting.