Open Space Training opportunity in Indonesia

Alan Stewart alanmstewart at gmail.com
Sat May 22 23:12:56 PDT 2010

Dear All

Further to my post on OST and community consultations (5 May 2010).

This evoked much useful input mainly offline for which I am most grateful.

This has helped me greatly to compose my thoughts regarding my keynote
at an international seminar on 'The health care revolution in Indonesia'
to be held on 31 May 2010 in Padang in West Sumatra. The invitation
comes, as mentioned earlier, from one of my former PhD students who is
now overseeing the development and roles of private universities across
four provinces in Sumatra.

"The seminar will be attended by about 500 lecturers, practitioners and
students, mostly from private higher education.

The objective of seminar is to exchange the idea of how important of
home care, hospital care, including primary health care in the
development of health care system in Indonesia.

Also the implication of the homecare and hospital care revolution on
teaching process and updating."

My contribution is to draw attention to true client empowerment and a
facilitating role of practitioners.

Once I have returned to Hong Kong I will post my paper on the ning site.

For now to say:

I propose to have OST principles on display at the outset to make the
point that those assembled will, by their presence, be instrumental in
taking the ideas forward constructively.

And to indicate that learning to facilitate processes such as OST be
integral to university courses for aspiring health care providers,
administrators and researchers.

And so I have two queries:

. Does anyone know if and where the principles and law have been
translated into Bahasa Indonesian?

. Is there anyone who would be able to offer Open Space Training and/or
'Art of Hosting' training in Padang, as a start? There is every
possibility that the need for such training will grow exponentially once
awareness of how vital this is takes root.

Go well

Alan

Alan Stewart
Facilitator of conversations that matter and participatory fun
alan at multimindsolutions.com
<mailto:alan at multimindsolutions.com%C2%A0%C2%A0>Hong Kong
Tel:  +85294387680
Web: www.multimindsolutions.com <http://www.multimindsolutions.com>