Post-Berlin, Pre-Chile

Viv McWaters viv at thereef.com.au
Thu May 20 17:27:30 PDT 2010

Dear Juan

We haven't yet met in person - I hope to do that next year in Chile - and I wanted to congratulate you on being a most worthy recipient of the Brian Bainbridge Memorial Scholarship. I know that Brian would have been pleased, and even more so that you have taken the opportunity to offer Chile to host next year's WOSonOS.

I've been following the discussions about Berlin more closely than usual as my regular informant on all things OS (aka Brian) is obviously no longer with us. After each WOSonOS that he attended (even if I was also there) we'd meet for dinner some weeks later and share tories and gossip and generally keep up-to-date on all the open space shenanigans.

Having co-hosted a WOSonOS here in Australia  and quite a few regional ones, I'm happy to offer you my help and support. All you need to do is ask :-)

Cheers

Viv
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Viv McWaters