"A Present for Harrison" at WOSonOS

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 01:04:32 PDT 2010

Dear all:
When I
first received the message below (1st mail exchange) the Subject was "Fwd:
A present for Harrison".

And the
text of the original message said:

"Our idea is to create a 'Festschrift' - a collection of essays, memories, stories, etc. - and we
invite you to become co-creator of this.

Each co-creator has a maximum of 4
pages (A4 - letter size) to fill with her / his memories, stories, etc. You
choose the way how to do this - as usual in Open Space Technology manner. And we will put it together into a nice book and present it during the WOSonOS in
Berlin".

From that, I was
expecting one of 3 things:

1. A "one exemplar
only book" to be offered to Harrison as a present, with copies, maybe in a
cheaper version, also given at least to all the co-authors.

2. A book to be
produced in an inexpensive way, to be sold at OSonOS to anyone that would like
to buy it.

3. A book to be
published at, for instance, lulu.com, that one exemplar would be given to
Harrison and the link to it would be given to anyone in WOSonOS and also sent
to the OSLIST (see as an example of this type, a book where a group of master
students of mine compiled some of my posts to the LO-list, and gave me 5
copies, but that anyone can buy at: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/a-search-for-learning-organizations-and-metanoia/4204089?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/8 - sorry for the self promotion but it was the first example that came to my
mind...).

In those
conditions I was very surprised to see in the Opening of WOSonOS that two rich blue
hardcover exemplars have been produced, one to be presented to Harrison and a
second one to Michael M Pannwitz. No provision was made to give exemplars, in paper, with the same format or
another, to the co-authors (and co-owners of the rights) but only to be made
available  in PDF form in the buscop site,
until I suggested something different (2nd exchange of mails below, that also
has the URL address to the "Festschrift" at buscop, where my own "present for Harrison"
is also included)

For those of us
that Harrison taught to interpret symbols, myths and story telling, the symbolism of all this
is self-evident.

Regards

Artur

Attached: two
exchanges of mails

------------------------------
1st mail exchange

Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net>
para Artur Ferreira da Silva
data 14 de abril de 2010 14:45
assunto Fwd: a present for Harrison

Hi, Artur - I forgot if I had sent you this - if you
would like to participate there is still time to do so.
(...)
Lisa
Begin forwarded message:

From: Anna Caroline Türk
<act at boscop.org>
Date: April 14, 2010
3:28:31 AM PDT
To (many recipients)
Subject: Greetings from
Berlin

Dear Co-authors,

yes, the official deadline (not deathline) was monday 12th April.
We got beautiful contributions: articles, collages, poems!

To those of you, who havn't started or finished your piece, the good news are:
the inoffical hand-in day is Friday 30th of April.
So don't imitate being death but become busy, cause we're looking forward to
your surprises!

Wish you all the best,

Anna Caroline

---..

Dear friends and colleagues,

2010 just began. This year is full of joyful anniversaries:
- Open Space Technology turns 25
- Harrison Owen turns 75
- Michael M Pannwitz turns 70
- WOSonOS turns 18 (adult)

All these occasions are remarkable and seam to be good reasons to celebrate.
Most of us will meet for the 18th WOSonOS
May 12 - 15th in Berlin. Where we can do so.

Our idea is to create a 'Festschrift' - a collection of essays,
memories, stories, etc. - and we invite you to become co-creator of this.

Each co-creator has a maximum of 4 pages
(A4 - letter size) to fill with her / his memories, stories, etc. You choose
the way how to do this - as usual in Open Space Technology manner. And we will
put it together into a nice book and present it during the WOSonOS in
Berlin.

We need 4 weeks to finalize the book and invite you to submit your pieces
before April 12th, 2010.

Any questions? Ask
Anna Caroline Türk: act at boscop.org      and
Jo Toepfer: jotoepfer at boscop.org

--------------------------------
2nd mail exchange

Dear Artur,

here is the direct
link to the Festschrift:
http://en.boscop.org/assets/1767-festschrift-25-years-of-ost-pdf.pdf

Greetings

Jo
***************************
Artur Ferreira da Silva schrieb:
Dear Anna Caroline:
- Ocultar texto das mensagens anteriores -

I could not find at the WOSonOS 2010 site the pdf of the "*Festschrift*"
(a
present for Harrison) that you said that was there. Maybe I am looking in the
wrong place. Can you please send me the direct URL? Thanks.

Anyhow, and if that is still possible, I
think it would be kind to have
other copies of it, to be sold at the price of cost to the co-authors or
event to any participants interested. In this last case, IMHO, a small
profit for the Access Queen project, would be acceptable.

What do you think about that?

Regards and see you tomorrow

Artur