Facilitating open space for a diversity of ages

Anna Caroline Türk act at boscop.org
Thu Jun 17 05:50:50 PDT 2010

Dear Sarah-Jane and the List,

I got to know Open Space as a pupile in school.
I didn't have very high expectation when I came to the event, because I
never really experienced school to be very creative. But the weekend was
fantastic! The best thing was, that MMP and Irmie, his assistent, didn't
do much apart from preparing the space and giving the start signal: Then
the space was to us.
I remember how we got involved imidiatly and happyly. We even danced and
sung, too.

But it wasn't only the OS which was great. The big change followed
afterwards: from then on we got organized in OS-manner when we continued
our selforganized work in school.

Some of us got hooked and started to facilitated OSs themselfs after
leaving school - untill today...

I wish you all the best for the event - knowing that most of the
increadible change will not be visible there but in the life and hearts
and heads of the people beeing involved.

There is one technical thought, I would like to add:
You said there are going to be computers for the report. Why skipp them
and provide paper forms for the documantation sheets in the breakout
spaces? Sheets can be written or drawn, etc. *together and during the
sessions* - to me this handmade style is always a lovlely memory of the
diversity of the group and it's spitit.
Instead of spending quite a while alone infront of a computer to put
together an offical-looking-paper, everybody can work on things that
really matter: taking a break, singing, dancing, eating, laughing.

Enjoy the event!!!

Greetings from Berlin,
Anna Caroline