Facilitating open space for a diversity of ages

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Jun 15 13:13:07 PDT 2010

More thoughts
 Some years ago a large group of American Community Arts
Councils did an OS on their work – just like you all. But it was an Open
Space unlike any other I have ever seen. The participants were a talented
crew, to say the least, with an inventive passion that seemed to know no
bounds. Right from the start when they announced their sessions it was a new
and different ballgame. Session announcements were danced, mimed, sung,
drummed and just about every other artistic medium you can think of. And it
went from there all through the two days. When they got to the end, I guess
you could call it a “closing circle” but improve dance would be more
accurate. Anyhow I would presume that you will be hosting a similarly
talented group, and my suggestion would to invite them to brings anything
that they feel might contribute to the party. Instruments for sure, but that
might be just the beginning. Who am I to tell you and Phelim how to “do
improv” – but I think you will have a lot more fun if you think of the
gathering not (just) as an Open Space but also as a wonderful improvisation
with 150 participants. And for sure the 3 year olds will be the stars!

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854

USA

Phone 301-365-2093

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
<mailto:oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

 <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html>