Shy people... (?)

Phelim phelim at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 06:59:33 PDT 2010

Jon

There are things that can be said explicitly that are suggestions or invitations:

Like

 "In theory it shouldn't be possible for you to go away and say "They didn't work on my issue"
Etc..

"If your thinking maybe you should or shouldn't.. Maybe you should." The quality with which  you do this is the elegance!

However...
My feeling is that the main thing is to BE the invitation by being comfortable with that wonderful moment when "nothing" is happening and actually everything is happening. That is knowing that new ideas are being given birth to in the silence. I am getting better at feeling the atmosphere of when things are still cooking and ideas or sessions are still behind the silence. Sometimes the practice is to be stating the invitation by how comfortable you are with holding that silence/space. I think it is this that will have an impact on whether "shy" people are comfortable to be taken into the circle by their passion. Somewhere we are communicating that it's not just their idea it's actually everybody's so they don't feel it so personally. I often remember Arny Mindell's proposition that in any group field the "silent ones" are holding the dreams of the group. Knowing this might be true and holding that within oneself can be the thing that welcomes people into the circle. I actually have a resistance to making it "Easier" since I feel the very process of getting over the resistance is not just a sorting process but a focussing and incubating process itself. Pushing people over an edge is not necessarily what we want.
Encouraging  "shy" people to call sessions they want to may override important boundaries and not honour the "ecology check" they are attending to. Whenever they call it is the right time. And whenever they don't is also true.

If the definition of an invitation is that it's ok to not turn up then it's the same for sessions it should be ok for NO sessions to be called.. (I eagerly await this highly successful open space).

All this is not the same as access issues which mean dealing with when the passion is present and it's not easy for you to write or get to the centre but we make sure that is supported to happen in its own way.

By the way how many of the chocolate enticed sessions are actually just about that great topic... Chocolate?

Phelim  x
Sent from my iPad