temple bells - how to use?

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Wed Jul 7 09:57:42 PDT 2010

Hi Karolina,

Originally ting sha bells are used in Tibetan spiritual practice and
are used in such rituals as "feeding hungry ghosts".  My favorite bit
of advice about the bells came, i believe, originally from Thich Nhat
Hahn: "You don't strike the bells, you invite them."

All the best,
Wendy

On 7-Jul-10, at 8:31 AM, Karolina Iwa wrote:

> from facilitating wikisym2010 in gdansk, poland,
> i am writing with a question:
>
> many of us - including me - use temple bells during os events to
> attract participants attention.
> anybody knows the full code of respectful use of the bells?
>
> i would appreciate your contributions to decreasing my ignorance.
> thank you in advance for sharing.
>
> karolina.

> karolina iwa.
>
> trainer & facilitator
> collective intelligence & self-organisation
>
> D: +49 15774 932139   PL: +48 880 747578

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil
CEO Prospera Consulting
wendy at xe.net
1-800-713-2351

The moment of change is the only poem. -- Adrienne Rich